Thursday, October 1, 2009

Having My Say!

Just left Twitterville to come over here to have my say! I LOVE Twitter but sometimes I just want to share my thoughts. My thoughts today are in regards to SPEAKING LIFE. I have learned that we create our world, our circumstances by what comes out of our mouth. I just forget sometime. So, in the last couple days, I have made a commitment to only speak positive things and words that edify. I have already seen results! This is incredible so I invite you, yes you, to join the crusade. SPEAK LIFE!

Another issue that has been of great concern to me is the use of the 'N' word, especially among black people. I just have not been able to wrap my mind around how some people think it is a term of endearment. I just can't see it. That's another reason that I started to watch what comes out of my mouth because of my belief of the power of WORDS. You hear people talk about the power of words and the power of a positive confession. It's even in the Bible. But so often we forget this. I know I do. I have allowed myself to see only my circumstances. But I have changed this! So, back to the 'N' word. I refuse to say it knowing how degrading that word has been to us of African descent. So, again, why are we still using it? I am on a mission to eradicate that word in the Black community. Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment