Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Madame CJ Walker - PROMOTE YOURSELF!

"I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations. I have built my own factory on my own ground" - Madame Walker

I have always been so inspired by Madame CJ Walker. Once you read her story, there are no reasons for any excuses. She was born to slaves, was orphaned at 7 years old and went on to become a millionaire! This was in the early 1900's. I mean, what else can you say?

I came across an author today who basically says the same thing on her blog. She talks about being in the age of the Independent Artist. What this means, in a nutshell is that we have so many resources at our fingertips, we need to take advantage of this Information age. We have Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Twitter and the Internet that we can use at our disposal to connect with people that we only used to dream about. Time to take advantage of what we have.

PROMOTE YOURSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment