Friday, October 2, 2009

How big is a MUSTARD SEED?

I have always been intrigued by the scripture in the Bible that talks about having faith the size of a MUSTARD SEED. First of all, WHAT IS A MUSTARD SEED? Well, I googled it and here is what I found: Mustard seeds are the small seeds of the various mustard plants. The seeds are about 2 mm in diameter. Wow, that's really small. So then, if all we need is faith the size of a MUSTARD SEED, why is it that we/I am not where I want to be in my life? I thought I had faith. Where have I gone wrong? This is going to be an exciting journey as I attempt to discover this MUSTARD SEED faith. I will be blogging about my discoveries along the way.

I am the type of person that gets bored EASILY. I am always looking for the next challenge. Once I have mastered a thing, baby, it's time to move on to bigger and better. However, I have allowed my fears to hold me hostage and keep me immobile and I have grown tired of being in the same spot. I want to be free! So, I am on this journey of self-discovery. I am already learning so much. And it's not that I'm learning anything new, this time I am PAYING ATTENTION. I have been known to make the simplest tasks harder than what it is. I am attempting to step back and look at the simplicity of life and its various lessons. Won't you join me on this journey?

My hope and my prayer for you today is that you become all that God intended for you. My prayer is that you discover that you are "fearfully and wonderfully made." (Psalm 139). I pray that you begin to create your circumstances by speaking it into existence. After all, God said, "Let there be light, and there was light." Sounds too simple doesn't it? But I've already seen it working in my life just this week.
I am now convinced more than ever that 'death and life are in the power of the tongue." Therefore, I am watching what I say. If I get alittle quiet, that's because I have to make sure that I am only speaking LIFE. Let's be honest: alot of what comes out of our mouths on a daily basis is nothing but rubbish anyway. So, start speaking life and watch those dead situations begin to LIVE.

LIVE...LOVE...LAUGH

No comments:

Post a Comment